Friday, November 20, 2009

Bear gearing

Last night I started to review what I needed to do to convert my Cat Druid to a Bear tank.

I researched a couple of popular Bear blogs (Thank you BigBearButt) and selected a talent spec. 10g and 30 minutes of respecs later, I have a good 5man to early raid spec.

I also spent some time learning how Bear's generate agro, and creating some macros to work with my bear (Initial pull, Battle Rez, Oh crap-self-heal, etc).

Then I started research my gear (Thank you Shifting Perspectives from Wow.com). I first took stock of what gear I had using the Equivalence Points UImod, to see what combination of gear that I already owned can start a bear-set. It was UGLY :D

But I had 2 or 3 decent pieces.

Then back to researching upgrades to get raid ready. With my current gear - I would be concerned tanking anything but sub-80 instances - never mind heroics!

But my gear research give me a good list (see below) of BOE gear to hunt for on the AH, as well as Heroics to run (as well-geared Healer) to collect some tank gear.

The big priorities will be run UP, OK and HoL heroics as often as possible, as it has the largest number of drops that I can use for upgrades.

AH hunting will very slow, as I just spent the past month gearing up my Shammie, and gold funds have been drained.

As excited I am about working on my Bear, and learning how to tank as a bear, this weekend is AV bonus weekend, which means my Hunter will crawl out from under her rock, and attempt to gain a couple of levels gunning down the Horde and running to the Relief Hut!

The List
Helm
Titan-Forged Leather Helm of Triumph 40 Wintergrasp marks
Quest: Headguard of Retaliation, from the quest Vengeance Be Mine! in Utgarde Pinnacle.
Eviscerator's Facemask, a Leatherworking BoE.
Enchant: revered with the Argent Crusade
Meta: Austere Earthsiege Diamond

Neck
Titanium Earthguard Chain, a Jewelcrafting BoE.
Chained Military Gorget, available for 25 emblems of heroism.
Torta's Oversized Choker. BOE

Shoulders
Trollwoven Spaulders, a Leatherworking BoE.
Spaulders of Egotism. BOE Naxx25 drop
SoH enchant

Cloak
Durable Nerubhide Cape, a Leatherworking BoE.
Cloak of Peaceful Resolutions, available at honored with the Wyrmrest Accord.
Cloak of Tormented Skies, a Leatherworking BoE.
Enchant: Enchant Cloak - Major Agility.

Chest
Heroes' Dreamwalker Raiments, available for 80 emblems of heroism.
Darkheart Chestguard, available at exalted with the Ebon Blade.
Enchant: Enchant Chest - Powerful Stats

Wrist:
Bindings of the Tunneler, off Skarvald the Constructor in heroic Utgarde Keep.
Dragonfriend Bracers, available at exalted with the Wyrmrest Accord.
Drake-Champion's Bracers, a BoE trash drop in Oculus
Eviscerator's Bindings, a Leatherworking BoE
Enchant: Enchant Bracer - Major Stamina.

Gloves:
Heroes' Dreamwalker Handgrips, available for 60 emblems of heroism.
Gloves of Fast Reactions. NAxx25 BOE
Enchant: Enchant Gloves -- Major Agility, Enchant Gloves -- Expertise, Enchant Gloves -- Precision, or a Heavy Borean Armor Kit

Belt:
Sharp-Barbed Leather Belt, off Ingvar the Plunderer in heroic Utgarde Keep.
Trollwoven Girdle Leatherworking BOE
Ley-Whelphide Belt. Occulus BOE
Eviscerator's Waistguard, Leatherworking BoE

Pants:
Savage Gladiator's Dragonhide Legguards, available for 60,000 honor or 45 emblems of heroism.
Mind-Expanding Leggings, available at revered with the Kirin Tor.
Enchant: Frosthide Leg Armor.

Feet:
Titan-forged Boots of Triumph, available for 15 Wintergrasp marks.
Boots of the Neverending Path, available at exalted with the Argent Crusade.
Boots of Captain Ellis, available for 40 emblems.
Enchant: Tuskarr's Vitality, but you may want to use Enchant Boots - Superior Agility, Enchant Boots - Greater Fortitude, or Enchant Boots - Icewalker

Rings:
Keystone Great-Ring, from the Prophet Tharon'ja in heroic Drak'tharon Keep.
Titanium Earthguard Ring, a Jewelcrafting BoE
Ring of Earthen Might, another Jewelcrafting BoE.

Trinket:
Darkmoon Card: Greatness.
Valor Medal of the First War, available for 40 emblems of heroism

Weapon:
Enraged Feral Staff off Ingvar the Plunderer in heroic Utgarde Keep.
Enchant:Enchant Weapon - Mongoose or Enchant 2H Weapon - Major Agility,

Where to get drops:
H Occulus (Helm, Ring)
H VH (Helm, Cloak)
H OK (Neck, Shoulders, Legs, Ring)
H HoS (Neck, Boots)
H Nexus (Shoulders, Chest)
H HoL (Cloak, Gloves, Boots)
H UP (Chest, Wrist, Belt, Legs, Staff)
H CoS (Gloves)
H DTK (Belt, Ring)
H Gundrak (Belt, Boots)
H AZN (Trinket)

R CoS (Cloak)

No comments:

Post a Comment